Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Animation Book Review

Just recently I had a chance to finish this book called Thinking Animation: Bridging the Gap Between 2D and CG by Angie Jones and Jamie Oliff. A friend of mine by the name of Bruce gave it to me and I sat down every night and read a little every night.After reading the book I feel a little more confident in doing CG animation. Personally I wanted to do 2D for a living but seeing how popular CG is today well I might just do 2D on my own time. This book is very well rounded for both traditional and CG animators as well as the novice and more experienced animator. A term used in the book that I found to be hilarious is "framef***ing" which is when you have too many key frames of animation in a CG program and are over analyzing the movements. Definitely worth while to read or pick up. Here is a scan of the book cover.

No comments: