Thursday, February 22, 2007

Walt Disney's Duck Comics


As long as I could remember I really liked ducks. In the cartoons they were always the under"dogs" in my mind like Donald Duck. I think why I liked ducks was my dad has a big Donald Duck hardcover book with Carl Barks comics in them. Carl Barks was one of those popular character and storyboard artists that worked on the Donald Duck shorts from 1935-1942. Not only that but he gave Donald his own temper (since he was partly deaf at an early age) and the short beak with round body features. Barks contributed to the skating on ice gag in Bambi. Eventually Carl resigned from Disney Nov. 6,1942 to have his own chicken farm. Later on he actually began illustrating Disney comic books. Unfortunately Mr. Barks is no longer alive since he died of leukemia in 2000 at the age of 99. He has left a legend to all those kids who read Disney comics that had Donald duck in them. These are some of the comics that I have currently finished and are worth to check out. By the way I would like to give a shout out to Keefe who is probably the only person reading my blog. Not that it is a bad thing it is just I know it will take a while for me to get noticed that's all.


No comments: