Sunday, March 4, 2007

WonderCon 2007


Sorry to break topic on all of you but I must explain the "Wonder" of WonderCon. For those of you unfamiliar with comic book conventions this is a small one held in San Fransisco. It is not just comics it is also popular culture artifacts as well. Since I like a bargain I volunteered for about three hours to get on the convention floor for free by my efforts at volunteering I got a cool Lord of the Rings: Return of the King Siege Tower Troll Design Maquette which is just a head on a stick like a cool paperweight. I had the chance to see the real live Brad Bird host a panel on the upcoming movie Ratatouille. Got to see in the flesh Bruce Timm (Batman the Animated Series, Justice League) which was exciting until I talked to him....no further comment there. I saw Arthur Adams(An extremely talented comic book artist) in person though I didn't talk to him because he was always surrounded by people. Then I saw some more familiar faces that I met before like Maxwell Atoms (The Grim Adventures of Billy And Mandy, Evil Concarne), Alberto Ruiz (pin-up cartoonist for DRAWN! magazine), Sergio Aragones (MAD magazine cartoonist, Groo the Wanderer, Fastest Pencil in the west), and last but not least a good friend if I say so myself Sean "Cheeks" Galloway (Animation Character Designer and Comic Book Artist). Here is something Cheeks wanted me to post because as an artist sometimes you blow yourself away at what you can do so here it is for all to enjoy.

No comments: